Knowledge base for stroke prevention
p-Ictus | INDRA
CUSTOMER: Public authorities-FEDER-INNTERCONECTA Project.
TECHNOLOGY: Big Data, predictive algorithms (AI).
Addressing needs and bringing benefits
The mission of p-Ictus is to create a knowledge base to prevent strokes, which enables us to anticipate their appearance, distinguish their causes with certainty, establish an early diagnosis and improve patients’ treatment.
Using this knowledge base, p-Ictus is developing a set of tools to support decision-making at both clinical level, to be used in the different clinical stations by medical professionals, and at organisational level, to be used in public health departments by health provider managers.
The entire project comprises the following work:
- The creation of a database for analysis, with the processes associated to information management: its reception and availability by way of appropriate Big Data tools and treatment of the information, as well as the proprietary and third-party algorithms used.
- The prediction of health behaviour related to strokes: the creation of new predictive algorithms based on physical and mathematical models not applied to health sciences until now, and the adaptation of previously existing algorithms and techniques. This will be managed from a library of algorithms.
- The application of the results during patients’ appointments in order to provide personalised medicine, such as the classification and category of the stroke, risk assessment and the patients’ clinical complexity, to be able to provide a tool to help medical professionals make decisions.
- The generation of knowledge applied to decision-making tools for the clinical management and management model oriented towards Health Results.
- The creation of a knowledge repository generated by p-Ictus, accessible by all professionals.